Friday, July 10, 2015

More Anna Graham Creations - I'm not obsessed though




Due to my vacation and a little mishap with Miss Kate, my sewing machine, my sewing has come to a halt that past couple of weeks.  I had to send Miss Kate in for servicing because she was skipping stitches and then we were in D.C. and then it was back to work.  Finally, I got her back and had the last 3 days off, so I've been doing some serious sewing.

I bought Anna Graham's book Handmade Style a few weeks ago but hadn't really had a chance to try any of the patterns from it.  One of the first things that caught my eye in the book was her Market Bag, so that was first on my list.  I had also been eyeing up her free tutorial for her Trail Tote under the tutorials section of her website, which definitely was next on my list.  I'm happy to announce I completed both of them and both patterns were not lacking, as her patterns never are.

I am equally impressed with both products, I love the roominess of the Market Tote.  I can see it being perfect for the market or a pool day, or possibly even an overnight bag.  The quilting was only slightly painful as straight lines are easy, but let me tell you, there were a lot of them! It was so worth it in the end though because the outcome is just beautiful.  I'm sure I will be making more of these for gifts and I may make some for my Etsy Shop as well.  For my market tote, I used Robert Kauffman's Essex Dyed Linen in Chambray for exterior panels and the same Essex Dyed Linen in Flax for the interior.  The accent panels were various scraps I had laying around.  I love soft pastels next to the chambray, it feels so natural and calming.










The trail tote, is a perfect size.  I made the smaller one and it works perfectly for my petite self.  It is an ideal size to hold just the essentials without weighing you down, I think it will go well on vacations as it is flat and small and easy to pack.  I used leftovers I had from Bonnie Christine's Winged line, I used her line for Amy Butler's Weekender Bag, and while it was beautiful, it looks slightly like a baby bag with all of those pastels.  I opted to use the darker color line for the trail tote and the look is much more appropriate.  I can't wait to get this baby out of the house.







What have you been sewing this summer?

Xoxo,
-A


2 comments:

  1. So glad you're having fun with the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna! I am definitely enjoying it...can't wait to try the other patterns!

    ReplyDelete