Sunday, June 21, 2015

A lovely lunch tote...






Sometimes I get in random moods and just feel like sewing the most random things.  For some reason in my head, I felt like finding a great lunch tote.  Not that I really need one and I ended up making 3 of them, so I have no idea what I will do with them but I adore these things and I feel like I just want to make more and more because they are just so darn cute.  I foresee them being used as Easter baskets or gift bags or (duh) lunch totes.

This lovely pattern comes from Ayumi over at the Pink Penguin.  The link to this particular tutorial is here. The tutorial is precise and easy to follow, I think definitely suitable for a beginner with just a little bit of patience.  I whipped up 3 of these in a day, 2 for my nieces and the other one, I'm not really sure, I was just having fun playing with fabric.

I used the Milk, Sugar & Flower line by Penny Lane Fabrics for this one.  Doesn't that fabric just melt your heart?





For these two bright lovelies...well, I'm not sure.  It was in my stash but I don't have the selvedges and drives me nuts.  Any suggestions as to what fabric this is?  The accent blue and the pink dots are by Riley Blake, just not sure about that lovely geometric pattern.

                                      









What random sewing projects are you sewing up these days?

Xoxo,
A

                  

0 comments:

Post a Comment