Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Noodlehead Caravan Pouch

So I have 3 days off in a row this week and all I want to do is sew sew sew.  I mean, it's summertime, the weather is beautiful and I should be outside but I just don't want to.  It would be nice if I could bring my machine outside, which I guess in theory I could but then I'd take my contained sewing mess and transfer it outside and then I'd probably fight with my husband about it...so I'll just keep it inside and feel slightly guilty about it.




Lately, I've been into sewing accessories.  Pouches, bags, lunch boxes, camera straps, wristlets...I seem to go in cycles.  There are times that all I want to do is quilt.  So I'll do that for a while and finish (or start) a bunch of projects and then all of a sudden all I'll want to do is makes garments.  So I'll do that for a while until I'll just feel like sewing something else.  Eventually, I'll come back to quilts, or garments, or whatever the prior obsession was and the cycle will start all over again.  Does that ever happen to any of you?




So anyway, yesterday I made this Caravan Pouch created by Anna over at Noodlehead.  I love her patterns so much.  They are always so precise and beautifully photographed and easy to follow.  The finished products are gorgeous.  Now this pouch is actually a free addition to her Caravan Tote created as a tote for knitting or crochet materials.  Now I tried my hand at knitting and I didn't stick with it for very long, so I plan on using it for lugging all of my nursing supplies to and from the hospital.



I don't yet have all the supplies in hand to make the tote but I was itching to try this pattern, so I just made the pouch so far.  Needless to say, I adore it.  I added a removable strap because I tend to carry things around my wrist or else I lose them.  It's good to know one's faults eh?

Xoxo,
A

0 comments:

Post a Comment