Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Noodle-Head Caravan Tote







 A couple of years ago I bought a quilted Vera Bradley bag on sale to tote all of my nursing equipment and information around.  It was a great bag with lots of pockets and compartments to store all of my stuff...notebooks, binders, scissors, stethoscope, hemostats...and so on.  I do love the bag but there are 2 issues: 1.) I think there are actually TOO many pockets...I can never find anything and 2.) I spilled a massive cup of coffee on it a few days ago.

Fail and fail.

Well, it was actually a good time for fail number 2 because it forced me to create something new and it was perfect timing because I finally received all of the equipment to make Anna Graham's Caravan Tote.  You can find her amazing blog and patterns here.  Now I know I already raved on about her in my last post when I was showing you her Caravan Pouch, which was the free pattern that came along with this Caravan Tote pattern, but I'm going to go ahead and rave about her again.

This pattern was like a dream to follow.  Everything was so simple and well-explained, and most importantly, I love love love the finished product.  I'm pretty sure this is my favorite thing I've sewn to date.  It just looks so freaking cool, I can't stand it.





I'm loving this bag because there are enough pockets to hold all of my stuff including the multitudes of alcohol swabs that I leave the hospital with in my pockets, and those little blue caps to cap off IV tubing that end up going through the wash and find themselves in the lint trap of our dryer.  Not to mention my notebooks, binders, scissors, etc. (see list above) all have compartments in this lovely lovely tote.  However, there are not SO many pockets that I can't remember where I put things, so they end up all mixed up together in ALL of the pockets.  Anybody have that problem, or am I just a complete train wreck?




Regardless, my problems are now all solved, thanks to Anna Graham and her amazing pattern-creating skills.  Thank you Anna Graham.

Xoxo,
A



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! Thank you for your amazing patterns!

      Delete
  2. Yes yes and yes, this is an awesome pattern, I agree with everything you have said, except the train wreck bit!!. I think I am now officially addicted to Anna's patterns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Carmal! My biggest issue is which one to make next!

      Delete