Saturday, August 16, 2014

Christmas Mini Swoon Quilt...sort of

I don't know about you, but sewing is sort of my therapy.  It winds me down at the end of the night, it allows me to let my creative side flow and it gives me sense of complete and utter satisfaction when I finish a project.  This week,  sewing was my anti-therapy.  I used Camille Roskelley's pattern for her mini Swoon quilt.  The swoon quilt is one of my all time favorite patterns.  I have yet to make a full sized quilt but I thought I would give this mini-quilt a try last weekend for a little intro.

I think I ripped more seams on this little guy than I ever have all together in my whole sewing career...and then...I screwed up the binding.  WHAT?! I NEVER screw up binding.  It is my favorite part of the whole process generally because it is the final finishing touch.  I have made 8 quilts this year so far and all have come out with flawless binding.  I guess my mind was mush this week because I sewed the binding on with a 1/2" seam allowance for who-knows why because I never use anything but a 1/4" seam allowance for anything in a quilt. Ughhh...I don't know.  Needless to say, here it is...screwed up binding (meaning screwed up corners) and everything.  Hopefully this week will be better...





These corners make me sad :(


And this one makes me REALLY sad :(


Maybe one day, far off in the future, I will remake the binding...for now, I'm not taking any chances!

2 comments:

  1. That's what makes it handmade.
    It's beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, those "mistakes" are what make it great! They're reminders that it's handmade and not mass produced. One day, you'll laugh about it, so choose to laugh now :)
    I think it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete