Sunday, May 17, 2015

Leather Accent Fold Over Pouches by LBG Studios make amazing gifts

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned, actually I don't remember since it's been almost a year since I posted last, but I am a Registered Nurse.  Recently, I moved back from Florida to my hometown of Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

This happened for a multitude of reasons which I won't get into at the moment, but one of the bigger reasons is for my job.  I've wanted to be an Oncology Nurse since I first started nursing school.  Down in Florida, I worked on an Oncology unit but it was mostly med/surg and complications of treatment.  It was a great intro into nursing and a great first job, but I really wanted to be involved in more of the treatment and research.  There is an amazing hospital near my hometown that does Bone Marrow Transplants and has an amazing cancer unit, and I was lucky enough to get a job there.

So, while I am already a registered nurse, there are a lot of policies and procedures and techniques in nursing that differ from facility to facility.  As a result, when a nurse starts at a new facility, they must go through a very long and intense orientation where a preceptor or preceptors teach and guide you until you are ready to be on your own.  I am now two weeks from being on my own and I have had some amazing preceptors that I wanted to thank.

I had a slight idea of what I wanted to make for them, it had to be versatile and classy.  Enter the Leather Accent Fold Over Pouch by LBG Studios.  You can find the pattern here.   This pattern is so well written.  It is honestly the most beautiful pouch I have made to date, and thanks to the amazing instructions, I didn't have to rip one stitch.

For the accents, I used suede from the company Leathercraft, found at Joann's.  It is thick and beautiful.  For the blue pouch, I used Hawthorne Thread's screen printed fabric title 'Rhythmic' in indigo.  For the pink pouch, I used a piece from Bonnie Christine's "Winged" line.  I embroidered the monograms with my Janome 350e.

They come together so easily and flawlessly. Good thing too, because I've got 2 more to whip up...







0 comments:

Post a Comment